From May – September 2015
8 Days only $2,789 (Land price only)
All Quiet on the Western Front Battlefield Tour
This 8 day premium tour visits key Australian battlefields in France and Belgium where you can pay your respects and gain a deeper insight into the life of the diggers. Plus you’ll spend time in beautiful Paris, while visiting the charming country towns of Bruges and Amiens.
To ensure you get the most memorable and fulfilling commemorative touring experience, all departures of this Western Front tour are led by highly experienced Tour Managers who are specialist Battlefield Guides, many of who are members of the Guild of Battlefield Guides.
“I came on this tour seeking a better understanding and appreciation of the sacrifices made by the brave Aussies on the Western Front. This was an unforgettable journey which has taken me from the numerous words and pages I have read over the years, to a visual real life experience that will remain with me forever. An amazingly knowledgeable guide, a co-operative tour leader and a great driver!” Rodney
All Quiet on the Western Front Tour Highlights
- Enjoy charming Bruges and the medieval Amiens Cathedral
- Visit the Flanders Commemorative sites including Messines, Hill 60, Polygon Wood, Essex Farm Cemetery, Tyne Cot, Toronto Avenue Cemetery, Island of Ireland Peace Park and explore Hooge Crater Cemetery and Passchendaele Memorial Museum
- Visit the Somme Commemorative sites including the Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux, Fromelles Memorials & Museum,Vimy Ridge, Bullecourt ‘Digger’Memorial, the Jean et Denise Letaille Museum in Bullecourt, Adelaide Cemetery, Australian Memorials at Pozières, and the Thiepval Memorial to the Missing of the Somme
- Be moved by the Last Post Ceremony at theMenin Gate and visit ‘In Flanders Fields’ Museum
- Visit Franco-Australian Museum at Victoria Primary School in Villers-Bretonneux and Historial de la Grand Guerre (Museum of the Great War) in Peronne
Your Battlefield Tour Includes
- All excursions, scenic drives and sightseeing as described in the itinerary
- Fully escorted by a highly experienced Tour Manager/specialist Battlefield Guide
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- First class air-conditioned touring coach
- Staying at the best hotels in Amiens and Ypres
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager, driver and local Paris guide
- 7 nights accommodation as described
- Buffet breakfast daily, 2 lunch packs
- 4 dinners including farewell dinner in Amiens
- Welcome drink Paris
- All entrances as per itinerary
- Extensive touring of the WW1 Battlefields
2015 Travel Dates
- 16 May – 23 May
- 6 June – 13 June
- 27 June – 4 July
- 18 July – 25 July
- 08 Aug – 15 Aug
- 29 Aug – 05 Aug
- Single Supplements available at $659.
- *Prices are listed as per person twin share. Land package only.
- This tour is operated by our preferred partner, Albatross Tours
- Boronia Travel Centre uses Singapore Airlines for all their Western Front Tours, and has access to the most competitive discounted airfares available from Australia.
- Group airfare add-on options available upon request.
- Upgrade airfares to business and first class available upon request.
- Spend more time in Paris with one of our accommodation packages available at discounted rates.
To view our comprehensive day-by-day All Quiet on the Western Front Tour itinerary please click here.
For more information about the All Quiet on the Western Front Tour, please contact us today or call 1800 035 350.Enquire Now