The enemy was “on the run” and there was no stopping the Allies “for the end was now in sight”! This Day Tour departs Arras at around 9.00am, travelling south via Bapaume to the Australian 2nd Division Memorial at Mont-St. Quentin. A visit to the Historial de la Grande Guerre prepares us for lunch nearby in the town centre of Peronne before we move south-east to arrive in the area of those last Australian actions. This trip includes the village of Montbrehain, the furthest eastern location that the Australians advanced to for their last fight before being taken out of the front line for their well-deserved rest. The fighting would be over before they were made ready once again.
“Just want to report… words can’t express how much the tour to Peronne meant to my husband… Peter was able to customise the tour for us and showed us exactly where Philip’s father fought. He also made a very small detour to take us to a cemetery to find a grave of a distant relative. It was a truly emotional day… We couldn’t believe how much Peter knew about all the battles, cemeteries, museums, etc.! He is an absolute marvel and an excellent advertisement for Australians working overseas…”
Peronne Day Tour Itinerary:
- Depart from Arras at around 9.00am.
- Visit to the Australian 2nd Division Memorial at Mont-St Quentin.
- Visit to the Peronne Communal Cemetery.
- Visit to the Historial de la Grande Guerre in Peronne.
- Lunch in the town centre of Peronne.
- Visit to the Australian 4th Division Memorial close to Bellinglise (weather permitting).
- Drive through Bellinglise.
- Visit Montbrehain.
- Visit to the Riqueval Bridge.
- Visit to the St. Quentin Canal tunnel entrance at Riqueval.
- Drive through Bellicourt.
- Visit to the American Memorial outside Bellicourt (if time permits).
- Visit to the American Cemetery at Bony.
- Return to Arras for the 6.00pm conclusion of Tour.
The above itinerary may be varied based on the wishes/consensus of the Tour Guests travelling on any particular day.
Customised Tours are available for this area and are available on request.
Spend more time on holiday by choosing from one of our extensive add-on accommodation packages or ask about our great airfares which can be combined with one of our GREEN and GOLD Western Front Battlefield Tours.
Rest assured, your booking is guaranteed once you receive confirmation via email. As we are based in Australia please allow up to 72 hours to respond to your booking request. However, we will endeavour to get back to you well within this time period to ensure your preferred date of departure.