From $370 per person
This Day Tour takes you north out of Arras for our first stop in the village of Fromelles. The morning is spent in and around Fromelles before crossing the border into Belgium for our lunch. We climb up onto the Messines Ridge before eventually arriving on the Ypres Salient where we will spend the remainder of our day. Attendance at the very emotive daily Last Post Ceremony at Menin Gate is an absolute must. A long day out on the battlefields where a good night’s rest is a given.
Fromelles – Ypres Day Tour Itinerary:
- Depart from Arras at around 9.00am.
- View the former Mass Grave site in Fromelles.
- Visit to the Pheasant Wood Military Cemetery & Museum.
- Visit to the Australian Memorial Park (with Cobbers Statue) in the battlefield area.
- Visit to the all Australian VC Corner Cemetery.
- View Ploegstreert and 1914 Christmas Truces site.
- Pause at the Irish Peace Tower.
- Drive through Messines.
- Visit to Hill 60.
- Visit to Polygon Wood and the Australian 5th Division Memorial.
- Visit to the Passchendaele Museum.
- Drive through Zonnebeke and up on to Broodseinde Ridge.
- Visit to the Tyne Cot Commonwealth War Cemetery.
- Enter into Ypres via Menin Gate at 5.45pm
- *Free time for dinner.
- Menin Gate Service at 8.00pm.
- Depart for Arras at around 8.30pm.
- Arrival in Arras at around 10.00pm.
*Dinner is at own expense
The above itinerary may be varied based on the wishes/consensus of the Tour Guests travelling on any particular day.
Customised Tours are available for this area and are available on request.
Rest assured, your booking is guaranteed once you receive confirmation via email. As we are based in Australia please allow up to 72 hours to respond to your booking request. However, we will endeavour to get back to you well within this time period to ensure your preferred date of departure.