From $295 per person
We start with a visit to Wellington Quarry used to billet 20,000 Commonwealth Troops prior to the Battle of Arras in April 1917. This is followed by a visit to Vimy Ridge and its haunting Memorial to the 11,285 Canadian Soldiers killed in France with no know grave. The last stop before returning to Arras for lunch in the beautiful Grand Place, is the poignant Ring of Remembrance at Notre Dame de Lorette. After lunch we travel to the village of Bullecourt to view and then visit the battlefield where the Australian’s fought two battles in 1917. After stopping at the Digger and Cross Memorials in the village the final visit before heading back to Arras is the Bullecourt Museum.
Battle of Arras Tour Itinerary:
- Depart from Arras at around 9.00am.
- Visit Wellington Quarry.
- Visit Vimy Ridge and the preserved battlefield.
- Visit the Ring of Remembrance at Notre Dame de Lorette.
- Lunch in the Arras.
- Visit to and view the Bullecourt/Riencourt battlefield.
- Visit to the Cross Memorial, the Digger Memorial and the Slouch Hat Memorial.
- Visit to the Bullecourt Museum.
- Return to Arras for the 6.00pm conclusion of Tour.
The above itinerary may be varied based on the wishes/consensus of the Tour Guests travelling on any particular day.
Rest assured, your booking is guaranteed once you receive confirmation via email. As we are based in Australia please allow up to 72 hours to respond to your booking request. However, we will endeavour to get back to you well within this time period to ensure your preferred date of departure.