From 28 April – May 2016
9 Days at $2,140 per person twin share
(Fully inclusive Land package)
Single Supplements available at $675
Includes most meals
Turkey is truly unique and has some of the most impressive historical sites which have been instrumental for the development of the western world.
Over centuries Turkey has been strategically placed to be the cultural bridge between Europe and Asia, with a host of fascinating cultural centres and places of geographical significance for you to discover.
Your tour will start in the heart of Istanbul before travelling onwards to Cappadocia, where you’ll have the opportunity to visit temples, castles, amphitheatres and ruined cities. There are plenty of highlights awaiting as you immerse yourself in the diverse culture and rich history of the Turkish people.
These tours have been designed as an add on to the Gallipoli 2016 – In Depth Anzac Day Tour to mark Gallipoli’s one hundred and first anniversary, where you will be taken on a rare journey through time and retrace the footsteps of Australian soldiers. They have been extremely popular with our Anzac Day tour members over the past few years.Enquire Now
- The sights of Istanbul, where you’ll explore the city and enjoy plenty of time for shopping.
- Visit the Anatolian Civilisations Museum and the Mausoleum of Ataturk.
- Explore the land of ‘Fairy Chimneys’, the unique villages among volcanic landscapes and the ancient frescoes in Cappadocia.
- A once-in-a-lifetime sunrise balloon ride over Pumukkale, where you can gaze over the beautiful rock formations and stunning valleys – Optional.
- The ancient Roman city of Hierapolis and the world famous natural host spring and calcium cascading terraces.
- Enjoy the Roman ruins of Ephesus and the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
Your Turkey Tour Includes:
- Services of an english speaking guide throughout your tour.
- All meals as listed on the itinerary, which have been specially selected to enable you to experience the best local cuisine.
- All country and city excursions, scenic drives and sightseeing as described in the itinerary.
- Ground transport in air-conditioned coaches.
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary.
- Boronia Travel ticket wallet and luggage tags.
- Single supplements are available at $675*
- There is a minimum of 15 passengers required for this tour.
- Special group airfares are available with Singapore Airlines and Emirates.
- Pre Tour Accommodation is available in Istanbul for $140 per person per night twin share, or $240 per person for a single room.
- *Prices will be issued as per person twin share (Includes flight within Turkey). Excludes airfares and taxes from Australia.
For more information about the Turkey Classic Cultural Tour and the Gallipoli 2016 – In Depth Anzac Day Tour and the experience of a lifetime please contact us today or call 1800 035 350.Enquire Now
Meals Included: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Day 1, 28 April – This morning travel to Ankara, the capital city of Turkey via the highway. Upon arrival enjoy a city tour, visiting the Anatolian Civilizations Museum (The Hittite Museum) and the Mausoleum of Ataturk. B D
Day 2, 29 April – After breakfast drive to Cappadocia, the land of the ‘Fairy Chimneys’. Tour the Goreme Open Air Museum with its wonderful rock-carved churches and ancient frescoes dating back to 11/12th centuries. Also see the beautiful underground city of Kaymakli or Derinkuyu, with the unique maze of caves and tunnels built in the 7th century for tens of thousands Christians fleeing persecution and undiscovered until the 1960’s. B D
Day 3, 30 April – Today enjoy a full day touring the villages among the unique volcanic landscapes of Cappadocia. Visit Avanos town famous for its colorful Turkish potteries and handmade original Turkish carpets. Tonight following dinner join an optional show, Cappadocia By Night in an underground cave with folklore shows and belly dancers. B D
Day 4, 1 May – This morning there will be an opportunity for you to join an optional sunrise balloon ride over the unique rock formations and valleys, a once in a lifetime experience. Then travel onto Konya, the first Turkish kingdom of Anatolia and visit Mevlana’s Mauselumn, the holiest shrine of the mystic sect of ‘whirling dervishes’. B D
Day 5, 2 May – Following breakfast depart for Pamukkale along a scenic mountain route. Upon arrival, check into hotel and spend the remainder of the afternoon relaxing in the thermal pool. B D
Day 6, 3 May – This morning tour the ancient Roman city of Hierapolis and the world famous natural hot spring calcium cascading terraces, giving the name to the area as “Cotton Castle”. We will then depart for Kusadasi, stopping enroute to visit Aphrodisias the city of marble, with its ancient stadium and unique theatre of the world, the Temple Of Aphrodite. B D
Day 7, 4 May – Today enjoy a full day guided tour of the Roman ruins of Ephesus. See the Library of Celsus, the Gates of Augustus and the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, wander along the ancient Marble Road and explore the Great Theatre. There will also be an opportunity to visit the House of Virgin Mary, where she is believed to have spent her last days. Following the tour there will be time to wander along the waterfront and markets of Kusadasi before joining the group for dinner. B D
Day 8, 5 May – After breakfast, check out and depart for Izmir airport for return flight to Istanbul. Upon arrival transfer to the hotel with the remainder of the day free for personal sightseeing and shopping. This evening enjoy a farewell dinner including a famous belly dancer show. B D
Day 9, 6 May – Tour ends with a transfer to the airport for return flight to Australia or onward flight to other destination.
Please Note: Itinerary subject to change according to prevailing circumstances.Enquire Now
- Hotel Atalay, ANKARA B D
- Hotel Avrasya, CAPPADOCIA
- Hilton Garden Inn, KONYA
- Colossae Thermal Hotel & Spa, PAMUKKALE
- Marina Hotel, KUSADASI
- Hotel Dosso Dossi, ISTANBUL
Our tour members depend on us to provide a once in a lifetime battlefield experience combined with exceptional customer service. We do our best to meet and exceed their high standards, which is what you’d expect from Australia’s leading battlefield tour company. Here’s what our past passengers say about our efforts…
“It is extraordinary to find someone who is so experienced, helpful and willing to offer assistance…”
C Kelly, Aspley
“Our battlefield trip was wonderful and will stay in our minds forever.”
A Griffiths, Farrer
“We had a wonderful time with lots of interesting and enjoyable stories to tell…”
G Hickingbotham, Gisborne
“It was everything I had hoped for and more.”
I Surplice, Middle Dural
“Thank you for your organisation of the best, and I do mean the best tour I’ve ever been on.”
R Thompson, Stradbroke Island
“Thanks so much for making it such a memorable trip for my mum. She was ecstatic about all the lengths you went to for her to celebrate her father’s life.”
K Holz, Melbourne
“…a profound experience and unforgettable tour.”
A Kirkjian, Rose Bay
To view all of our testimonials please click here.Enquire Now